Skip to main content
Pages and Files
Welcome to MaToK-- FAQs
Additions and corrections
Buy MaToK Materials
Digital versions of student materials
Discussions and Questions
Learning MaToK Vocabulary
Online Learning Center
Press Releases-Public Relations
Professional Development Opportunities
Technology in the Classroom
Add "All Pages"
Additions and corrections
1. The music for creation is from the TV show
that was narrated by Carl Sagan. The music is by Vangelis and this section is called
. You can find it on You Tube at:
Map of Journey from Ur Casdeem
ספורי יוסף 'א
ספורי יוסף 'ב
סכום פרשת שמות
A page we found that doesn't appear in the student booklet. See if it meets the needs of any of your students!
The Egypt Project
Instructions for teachers to facilitate the project with their students.
is incorrectly attributed to Rashi. It is from ילקוט שמעוני:
ויעבידו מצרים את בני ישראל בפרך:
רבי אלעזר אומר בפה רך
2. The correct link to the Yad VaShem website on
is incorrect in the Hebrew booklet. It has been corrected in the English booklet. The correct URL is:
in the Hebrew edition, the directions say: הקיפו ברבועּ
This has been changed in the English to: "Draw a rectangle around . . . " just to be more precise about the name of the shape, which should be מלבן in the Hebrew.
in the Hebrew student choveret, the English translation for vocabulary #22 is incorrect. It should say: "They drove them away" meaning that the shepherds drove away Yitro's daughters. On
in the bottom exercise, the second example:
. . . משה מגרש את should say . . . הרועים מגרשים את.
vocabulary word #20: the correct shoresh is נ-ב-ט
, exercise #1 in the student booklet, the students are supposed to read the text quietly with a partner and come to the conclusion that the sounds of "ש"-shin and "ס"-sin repeat in this section and represent the sounds of a crackling or sizzling fire-אש. However, it would also be legitimate to say that the sounds of the prefix "vav-yud" repeat in this section. The teacher may have to perform a dramatic reading of the text and emphasize the sh and s sounds to transmit the idea that these verses sound like fire. Or, you may decide to rephrase the question to the students as follows: Do you hear any repeated sounds in this passage that might sound like something Moshe is hearing as he stands before the סנה? Does anyone have other ideas about what to do with this exercise? Why is it important for the students to know about the poetic-literary device of
the term המקור המוחלט is used. There is a poster for this term on the teacher resources page among the "access skills posters." A good explanation of the meaning of this grammatical structure is found at
pages 64 through 68 in the Hebrew edition only:
The name of 'ה that is revealed to משה is written out a number of times without a dot or
between the letters. This is one of the names of God that requires special treatment, i.e. burial in a geniza. Please check with your school's
concerning the disposal of these pages. This has been changed in the English version so there is no need for special treatment in these booklets.
page 75 in the Hebrew edition,
vocabulary word #21, there should NOT be a dagesh in the "yud" of יאור
page 88 in the Hebrew edition,
vocabulary word #6, there SHOULD be a dagesh in the "dalet" of דבר.
Corrections to Hebrew Booklet
1. page 7: There should be a dagesh in the ת of זכרתי which is the explanation of word #8 in the vocabulary.
2. pages 24 and 25: The English version has more accurate translations. There are some mistakes in tenses and binyanim in the Hebrew version.
3. page 24: There should be a dagesh in the tav of הכִבְּדַתְּי.
4. page 25: "magicians" is
in the Hebrew version
5. page 27: in the Hebrew version the second and third lines from the bottom of the page are in the wrong order.
6. page 38: Typo in Hebrew edition: יעבדו in the Modern Hebrew translation should have patah under ayin, not hataf patah.
7. page 40: ויסר literally means "so that he will remove"
8. page 49: ממשיך is missing the sheva under kaf sofit
9. page 60: חשך is missing the sheva under the kaf sofit
10. page 67: has a type on the English of the second word translated on the side of the page, It should say "dungeon";
שדברתם should have a dagesh in the ת
11. page 73: ערב should have a kamatz under the ayin
12. page 75: לחדשים should have segol under the lamed
13. page 79: vocab 14 --should be מַה with patah instead of kamets, and shin of שנשאר should have dagesh.
14. page 79: vocab 16-- there should not be a yod in this word; dagesh is missing in kof of המקל; dagesh is missing in lamed of שלכם
15. page 83-: in title box there should be a patah under the mem of מה and a dagesh in the yod of יקרא
16. page 83: vocab 1--Bib Heb should be וְהכיתי
17. page 91: מה should have patah under mem; yod of ישאל should have dagesh
18. page 91:בנגפו vav should have holam, not shuruk. This infinitive construct from give a time for the action. The Modern Hebrew translation should be: כאשר הביא מגפה =when he brought .
The צ in הציל should have a dagesh.
19. page 93: תם should have kamatz
20. page 98: in pasuk מ"ב--according to the טעמי מקרא (cantillation notes) the word שמורים should begin the last line on the page instead of ending the second to last line.
21. page 98: vocab #21--
This is סמיכות. Mod Heb should be בְּסוף (with sheva) instead of בַּסּוֹף (with patah). English should be "at the end of."
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"